Thursday 2 September 2010

Silks, buttons and beads

Today I enjoyed a much needed break before I concentrate on Gallery at 12 at the Eccleshall Show for a couple of days.
I was taken to the Threshing Barn by Sheila, one of my jewellery making workshop ladies. If you have never visited it is well worth a trip, set in the beautiful Staffordshire moorlands it is absolutely full of colour inside, with a variety of yarns in every shade imaginable!
Well I knew I would end up spending money, and it didn't disappoint, I did expect to buy some yarns and I no doubt will be returning to do just that, but having dabbled with making jewellery with buttons in the summer, these caught my eye so they were a must have.

But then what would I do with them, my initial thought was to crochet them onto wire as I did with my previous designs but then I spotted these sari silks which go so well with the brown and green buttons so may be I will incorporate them into the designs somehow,



But I do like colour and this collection also caught my eye, so I came home with these too.


After enjoying a lovely pot of tea and chocolate brownie at Denstone Hall Farm shop, I arrived back home to discover that my bead delivery to top up my bead selection for the Eccleshall show had also arrived, here is a selection of my order




So roll on Eccleshall Show!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Threshing Barn, their buttons are so gorgeous. I always seem to buy some with no idea what I am going to use them for but just know they will be there when the time comes. Their sari silk is beautiful too. Love the beads that arrived.

    ReplyDelete