Thursday 23 May 2013

Out of my comfort zone

I am always happy to try working with different materials and exploring new ways to string beads, sometimes it comes naturally and flows, other times, due to the materials I use, it doesn't - This necklace certainly took me out of my comfort zone, I am not used to stringing beads by just tying them in place and I chose not to add a clasp which then meant knotting the ends together and as the suedette was too thick to thread through the beads twice it meant I will have ends showing.
So the end result is a necklace much heavier in appearance to most of my designs and it may be more casual too. I do now have a selection of suedette in a variety of colours which I shall be including in my designs over the next few months - so this is the first of hopefully many that will stretch me a little bit more.


bespoke handmade jewellery by Angela Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment