Friday 26 February 2016

Swarovski remains as popular as ever

I have been making beaded jewellery for over twenty years now and although I have seen many types of beads come in and fall out of favour, one type has remained a constant in my stock throughout - Swarovski crystals. It would seem that you just can't get enough of sparkle!
When I first started making jewellery I would combine Swarovskis with plated bead shapes such as hogans and roses - now I combine them with pearls, either freshwater or Swarovski and / or diamante beads.
Today I made a few pairs of earrings to add to my depleted stock, as I have my first fair for 2016 at the Staffordshire Wildlife Trust March 5th and 6th, next week after this weekends workshop I will make a few more pairs as I still have gaps in my display.






handmade jewellery by Angela Smith 

No comments:

Post a Comment