Thursday 28 January 2010

One year too late

It is such a shame I hadn't discovered blogs earlier. I would have loved to have kept a record of this willows last year.
This time last year this willow was still upright and proud. I used to call it my creaking willow, because you could hear it before you saw it.
The large gaping split through it's middle was no more than a small hole, but you could see the split breathing when a breeze caught the tree. over the next few months the split became larger and the willow started to lean over, it really caught my imagination and became the highlight of my walk, I knew it would fall at some stage and sure enough during one of our storms last Autumn it lost it's fight to stay upright.





























I want to get over there but the floods are too big and deep, this is as far as I am prepared to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angela,

    I found your jewelry blog too. I am sooo envious of your studio. I wish mine was that big and organized. I love the brick walls. Too bad I'm in the USA. If I'm ever in the UK again, I'll sure try to be in one of your workshops. Have a great weekend!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete