Thursday 21 April 2011

What kind of jewellery can you make with a wire coiler?

Well all I can say is that I am still experimenting, but it would appear that there are many possibilities!
On Tuesday while working in Gallery at 12 in Eccleshall, I played around with silver plate wire and turquoise seed beads to make coiled beaded beads, which I have used to make these two totally different necklaces.


This necklace is 40 inches long, it has 7 coiled beads included in the design, I have threaded more of the turquoise seed beads and a patterned clear glass bead in between each coiled bead.

These are double coiled beads, that is the wire has been coiled and then the coil has been coiled again!

Below is my second design, the coiled bead is much larger but again is double coiled. This necklace is
16 inches long

                                   Both necklaces have been finished off with sterling silver clasps

No comments:

Post a Comment