Monday 20 January 2014

Handmade paper

Sometimes I take a break from bead jewellery making to learn new crafts and skills, over the last three years I have have taken courses in silver smithing and lace making and I have also started making basic wire sculptures. Last week I spent a morning with Jo Hill who kindly taught me the basics in making handmade paper.
Jo is a member of the Staffordshire Artist Co-operative, and she produces the most beautiful textile items for Gallery at 12 including embroidered pictures, along with bags, scarves and textile jewellery.
 These are the pieces of paper I made last week under Jo's guidance.



This morning was spent making some of my own, unaided! They are now drying in my utility so I won't know if they have worked out for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment