Thursday 19 June 2014

What was the first item of jewellery ever bought for you?

Jewellery boxes are full of precious memories! I don't wear any of my old jewellery anymore, but there is no way I could part with any of  it, and every so often I go back to it and reminisce, most of the items were given to me by family and friends in my younger years so are all special to me, this necklace though was the very first piece of jewellery I remember being bought for me, it was given to me by my Nan, over 40 years ago-  I couldn't have been much older than 8 or 9 and she took me shopping. We were in Debenhams, I think, and she let me choose a necklace, I chose this! ......... warning major bling alert!!!!!!!!


Absolutely nothing like the jewellery I am now making, but it just goes to show how much I loved colour and sparkle even then.

No comments:

Post a Comment