Thursday 23 April 2015

Another dip into my bag of paua shells

Today I got back into making more jewellery after feeling pretty awful with a nasty cold that knocked me for six, pretty bad timing as my exhibition starts in just over a weeks time!
This morning I knitted another bracelet, which still needs a clasp attaching, so once that is done I shall hopefully put it on a post on here. Later this afternoon I made this, I have been wanting to make a paua shell necklace for my exhibition for quite a while, but it wasn't until I realised how well these tiny glass beads went with the paua shell pieces that the multi-stranded necklace idea hit me, my first thought was to have every strand with a mix of shell and glass beads but then after stringing my first two strands I decided that it would end up being quite an expensive necklace if I were to continue in that way, so the final three strands then became just the tiny small glass beads and I actually think it balances the necklace well and may be with all five strands as shell  I would have ended up with a very heavy looking necklace.



handmade jewellery by Angela Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment