Monday 16 March 2015

What would you make at basic jewellery making workshop by Angela Smith?

This post is for those of you wondering what you could expect to make at one of my basic jewellery making workshops. 
Firstly you can expect to see a very large selection of beads - these are the boxes I bring out to the workshops, I will also usually bring a few small baskets too, which have a selection of other glass beads and a few semi precious beads and freshwater pearls.



This morning I sat down and made the following items - My workshops normally last 2 -2 1/2 hours, these took me 1 1/2 hours to make so if you have had experience in making jewellery before you should be able to make similar in the allotted time, if you are totally new to jewellery making you should still manage to go away with two or three items, if not more - you will probably find that it is the choosing of the beads and planning of your items that will take most of your time. 

I will show you how to make a floating necklace, bracelet and pair of earrings, you can then choose what you want to make and select your own beads, they could be a colourful selection like above or you might want to make something more neutral such as this glass pearl necklace and matching earrings 
or if you like you could choose to  make a string of beads either on the wire or on beading thread, again I would show you how to do this too,

Alternatively you might want to include a pendant drop in your necklace design such as this black glass bead necklace 


Please remember that these are just examples of the types of jewellery you could make, I am happy to talk through with you and help you plan out other designs that you have in mind, providing I have the beads and correct finding to make these.
 My next planned basic jewellery making workshop is for Saturday 11th April 10.30am -1pm  at Lily's Secret Vintage Tea Rooms, Swan Pit, near Gnosall, Staffordshire, details for this and future workshops can be found in the column to the right of this post in the section headed workshops - please don't hesitate to contact me for further details 

No comments:

Post a Comment