Tuesday 23 March 2010

knitted crown

I started knitting jewellery with wire about 5 years ago.When all my beads were moved from my home to my workshop, I decided to pick up my knitting needles again, but instead of knitting with wool I thought I would try wire and beads. I had heard that people knitted bracelets and chokers with wire so I thought I'd have a go. I experimented by casting on a few stitches and then decreasing the number of stitches on each row as I went along, It occurred to me that this could actually become something quite interesting so I continued knitting and finished up with a crown, a smaller one than the one below and with 5 peaks not 4 but it was still a crown and I was hooked. this one came along later. It is knitted on silver plate wire threaded with tiny seed beads.

 and close up


These photo's aren't wonderful I know. I was planning on photographing a lot of my jewellery over the next few days unfortunately it is so grey outside, conditions aren't that great, but I haven't posted anything for over a week so this was done purely out of desperation.

2 comments:

  1. This is so lovely Angela. The simplicity of the design is really enhanced by the beads - what a lovely thing to wear on a wedding day or other special occasion. Interesting to hear how your work developed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Angela! I know how much work went into that!

    ReplyDelete