Thursday 28 March 2013

Beading for pleasure

This morning I have been reading through wonderful posts on some of the other blogs I follow and it reminded me that there is so much out there in the beading / jewellery world that I have yet to discover and try my hand at, but it also reminded me that I have actually created so many items of jewellery over the last 19 years, some I have continued with either because I want to include them in my jewellery range as they are so unique or because they are what other people like to wear and therefore will hopefully buy - I am after all a business! Sometimes though beading just has to be for fun and for me. This necklace and bracelet, I made several years ago and is a set that gets worn on many special occasions. It is not a design I re-create too often as it is time consuming and I don't believe cost effective, but it is something I love wearing. As far as bead work is concerned it is really quite basic. One day I would love to make a piece that is much more elaborate than this and after reading the other posts earlier I don't think that day is too far off - but for now this will have to do!



 
 
handmade jewellery by Angela Smith

1 comment:

  1. I like this :) Like u said, weaving is waaay too time consuming so I don't do it myself but I always enjoy seeing what others make :)

    ReplyDelete