Tuesday 2 April 2013

because I can

This morning I woke up with the urge to make a tree of life pendant - for no other reason than I wanted to prove that I can make them, I have seen so many pictures of these on places such as Etsy and pinterest and having never made one myself I was itching to have a go - so after much thought about the various ways they could be made I finally decided on a method to use when making mine.
Basically I made a double ring of wire for the frame and then with slightly finer wire I threaded on a selection of amethyst chips  which I then wire wrapped as I formed my tree. When I completed my third branch I was very tempted to finish my tree as that looked really quite pretty, but as that wasn't my initial plan  I continued until my tree reached the size I originally had in mind. Then it was just a case of wire wrapping the ring frame with finer wire.
I think it worked out well.


handmade jewellery by Angela Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment