Friday 27 December 2013

2013 My highlights - January - March

What a year!!!!!
So much happened, I thought I would spend a few days in the run up to 2014 looking back over my achievements and makes.
January - a month of workshops, fairies, hearts and weddings.
Workshops
I introduced a series of jewellery making workshops in a local village shop, which were very well attended, despite the awful weather. These gave me encouragement to plan further ones for later in the year, again trying out different venues, some of which worked better than others, I have potentially three other venues to try out in 2014, so watch this space for more workshop news.

Fairies
I also chose to make a few smaller beaded fairies to add to my collection.


Hearts
I also made some sari silk wrapped wire and bead hearts ready for valentines day.

Weddings
More specifically tiaras, I introduced some double banded tiaras to my collection and even more diamante sparkle.
February
February was a month of trying out new ideas.

Product reviews I was approached by the Bead Shop in Manchester to review some of their beads, findings, and kits, so I found myself using beads I wouldn't ordinarily use which was interesting, some of which I then continued to use in my own jewellery making such as these 'beadalon' ear wires
.
Blog shop I also re-opened my blog shop, with a few items of jewellery , some of the items have sold from there others inspired other commissioned orders, so it is something I am planning to continue with in 2014 

Beaded cards
Following on from the success of my beaded Christmas cards, I worked on a range of wire and beaded cards to sell in Gallery at 12 these have continued to sell throughout the year and is something I need to continue with in 2014 I have a few more designs in mind to work on.

March
March was the month I was introduced to 'velveteen' in tube form which could be used to cover nylon coated wire, this works especially well when using heavier beads than my normal small Swarovski crystals.  


No comments:

Post a Comment